|Alice Campbell Staffing is recruiting on behalf of a small dental practice on the west side of Springfield for an experienced, licensed dental hygienist. This is a part-time position (25 hours a week). Great atmosphere, nice co-workers and competitive pay.
Position requirements include:
- Active dental hygienist license in the state of Illinois.
- A minimum of two years of experience as a dental hygienist.
- Excellent rapport with patients.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
Position duties include:
- Preparing for patient appointments by anticipating treatment, discussing treatment needs in morning huddle, welcoming, seating, and draping patient.
- Patient Screening: Medical Hx Review, taking accurate BP and pulse, oral cancer screening, electronic dental charting.
- Maintaining patient confidence and protecting operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintaining the treatment room by following proper infection control protocol and techniques.
- Maintaining cleanliness of cabinetry, floors, and delivery system.
- Helping dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply.
- Taking quality digital dental x-rays.
- Removing calculus and plaque from all surfaces of teeth.
- Applying preventative materials such as sealants and Fluoride varnish.
- Taking accurate impressions of patients’ teeth.
- Administering in office bleaching procedures and fabrication of bleaching trays, educating patients on proper use of home bleaching products.
- Performing thorough documentation in the electronic dental record.
- Maintaining instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment- ensures proper sterilization technique and care of instruments. Sharpens hygiene instruments when needed
- Educating patients by providing oral hygiene instructions, post-operative instructions, and reminders of hygiene appointments.
- Effectively appointing and reminding patients of regular cleaning appointments. Sending postcards and making phone calls to reappoint patients needing dental prophylaxis and exams.
- Maintaining dental hygiene supplies inventory by checking stock regularly, anticipating needed supplies, requesting supply orders, verifying receipt of orders.
Part-time schedule is: Mon. (8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.); Tues. (7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.) and Wed. (7 a.m.-3 p.m.)
Please submit resume for consideration to Jean Campbell at email@example.com.